Thursday, April 2, 2015

Homemade Bathtub Fingerpaint


The majority of my kids don't really take bubble baths anymore. They are shower-takers.  Except for my youngest.  He loves his baths.  He also loves to paint.  It's pretty much his favorite activity ever.  Well, that and getting into just about any kind of trouble he can find (he's a bit of handful).  

After doing a little digging on Pinterest, I found a really easy, really, fun way to make some fingerprint for him to go crazy with in the bathtub.  He had a total blast with these..painting and helping me make them.

The only thing you need is some kid-friendly shampoo/body wash, corn starch and food coloring. I know, easy! For the container, I used a set of extra small square re-usable containers. Very inexpensive and will work great when we want to make them again.  Which, we will. Alot.  Guaranteed.  Lots of fun.

Now, I totally eye-balled my ingredients.  I filled up my containers about half way with soap, then, added about a teaspoon of cornstarch.  Gave it a good stir, then, added desired food coloring. Yes, slacked a little bit. 
But, below is what you have to do to keep it officially measured correctly: ( for each color)

Materials:
  • 1/3 cup- Any kid-friendly,tear free shampoo/body wash.  Remember, it has to be dye-free, so, you mix your colors correctly.   - 1/3
  • 1 TBSP cornstarch
  • food coloring
  • small plastic container with cover for storage.
Simply mix shampoo and cornstarch until completely mixed. Mix in food coloring.  You can either mix in a bowl, then, transfer into your container or just mix right in your containers if possible. 

We didn't have any leftovers, but, if you do, store them covered.

Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment