These simple, two ingredient dog treats can really be made to anyway to your pooch's taste palate. They were super, duper easy to make and were alot of fun. My kids had a great time helping out with these and my dog totally inhaled them. A total win.
Our treats were of the squash variety. But, the choice is yours. Also, if you do not have a cookie cutter available ( like myself), any size cup will work fine to use to make your shape. I used the band of a mason jar and it worked out perfect.
A great way to save yourself some money and make your doggie very happy!
- 8 oz baby food, of your choice (avoid anything with onions/garlic)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-2 TBSP water, if needed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine baby food and flour. Mix until dough forms. I added a bit of water to mine, it was a little dry. A tablespoon or two is all you made need.
- Roll out dough to approx 1/4" thick. Cut desired shape using cookie cutter..
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Store leftovers in a cover container.