Tuesday, February 3, 2015

DIY Sharpie Mugs


After seeing this craft all over Pinterest since, well, forever, we decided to give them a try.  I have to say, my kids totally loved this.  Loved it.  My children are huge art lovers.  My house is filled with all types of drawings, paintings and crafts.  Giving them the green light to draw on dishes without worry was all they needed to get creative.


You can purchased any type of white cup/plate/bowl you like for this one.  I picked up 5 identical 99 cent coffee mugs on a recent trip to Ikea.  Yes, I could of bought separate pieces probably a little cheaper at goodwill, but, the key for me was, identical.  No fighting over who has the bigger, better, or prettier cup.



Here is what you do:
  • Get your sharpie ( or a similar permanent marker) and go crazy.  Design whatever you heart desired.  
  • When you are finished.  Let your dish sit to dry for a good 4-6 hours.
  • Then, place them upside down on a baking sheet.  
  • Place in a cold oven. Turn oven to 350 and let your creations bake for 30 minutes. 
  • Turn off your oven and leave cups in oven while it cools down.
  • To clean, wash gently in your sink.  It's not recommended for the dishwasher.

No comments:

Post a Comment