Monday, January 12, 2015

Homemade Play Dough


I'm very sorry.  My play dough is not very pretty, is it?  I had to pry it away from playing hands to snap a picture of it.  Well, it may not be very attractive, but, it's really simple to make and my kids have been having a great time playing with it.  Of course, it's been about a few days.  The colors are no longer nice and separated.  It's a nice, big mass of gray play dough.  Still..lots of fun.
Now, the original instructions that I found for this is for 4 separate colors..I was able to get 5 out of this recipe though. Of course, my kids were doing some of the measuring, so, we may of been off in our amounts. Let me know what you get :)

What you need:
  • 4 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 cup salt
  • 2 TBSP oil
  • 1 cup warm water
  • food coloring
Instructions:
  • In 4 separate bowls, add 1/4 cup water in each.
  • Then, add in your food coloring in each bowls.
  • Mix in 1 1/2 tsp of oil in each bowl.
  • In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and salt.  Add 1 cup of mixture to each bowl.
  • Stir well until dough forms.  Knead gently on flour surface.
  • Ready to play!


No comments:

Post a Comment